Monday, October 7, 2013

Earl Grey Tea Cookies

Good day to you all! I hope that you had a fantastic weekend! I know I did! It's truly rewarding when you can find a few moments to not only relax, but to try out some new recipes. This past weekend, I had a craving for cookies and tea, so I decided to combine the two. I love earl grey tea - It's probably the fanciest thing that I drink. I like to pull out my monocle, handle bar mustache, and top hat when I drink it (if only :/). It's the smooth taste of bergamot and citrus oils that makes my weekends so special. Earl grey just adds a new level of richness to sugar cookies. Anyway, cookies!

.

WHAT YOU NEED:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Earl Grey tea leaves, fine (or 6 tea bags full)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).  In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

In a larger bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and tea leaves. Gradually blend the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture. Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls, and place onto un-greased cookie sheets. 
Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on cookie sheet for two minutes before serving. Enjoy with milk or a cup of earl grey tea!

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and try to find some time to be fancy :)! 

1 comment: